2023 Annual Conference Call for Content
Accepting Submissions: June 13 – July 1, 2022
Conference Dates: April 24-26, 2023, at The Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood, FL
Share your expertise! As the authority for legal marketing, LMA and the 2023 Annual Advisory Committee (ACAC) are bringing together the sharpest minds for an event that will amplify authentic conversations on topics that AMPLIFY and inspire true change in this industry.
To accomplish this goal, we are seeking real-life practical applications of sophisticated marketing, business development and communications best practices from those who are at the top of their field from within and outside of the legal industry. The content shared at LMA23 will amplify the credibility, voice, and talents of our members and attendees as thought leaders, change agents, and positive disrupters. We seek to feature voices from clients, legal practitioners, consulting experts, valued partners, and experts from both inside and outside the industry.
We are firmly committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout the Annual Conference. This includes actively seeking and welcoming content from a diverse group of speakers, inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation.
- Allow for meaningful opportunities to learn, discuss and apply content
- Include exercises and practical, real world application and offer engagement opportunities
- Offer timely solutions and training for current problems and challenges
- Showcase diversity of thought, experience, role from firms of all sizes and geographic footprints
Let’s get started!
NEW THIS YEAR: This year you have TWO options for submitting. Click the buttons below to start your submission. You may submit to one or both options.
- I have a thoughtful and complete session proposal for ACAC consideration
- You may submit multiple session proposals
Submission Planning Tool
- I am a subject matter expert and would like the ACAC to consider me for a speaker, panelist or facilitator role as they see fit
- I do not have a formal proposal for consideration but I have interesting ideas, a unique point of view and/or connections to contribute
- Limited to one submission per expert
Submission Planning Tool
You must be logged in to your LMA profile to submit. If you do not have an LMA account, please create a complimentary guest account before completing this form. You do not need profiles for your co-speakers this year. Questions? We're happy to help. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LMA is curating a conference that will amplify the career aspirations of our members and attendees by providing them tangible action steps to bring back to their respective organizations to further their growth. While we welcome submissions on any topic, the ACAC is especially interested in submissions on the topics below.
***These bullets are illustrative and not meant to dictate or constrain content. Feel free to GET CREATIVE!***
- Engaging already-successful rainmakers/business developers
- Business development tips like how to effectively coach attorneys, particularly for plaintiff firms
- New trends and strategies in business development including incorporating developments from the pandemic, social justice issues, global conflict, and economic changes
Business of Law
- Industry-wide continuous improvement and innovation
- Economic developments and their impact on firm growth and business development
- The law firm profit model and the legal services landscape
- Keeping clients engaged and measuring ROI & effectiveness throughout the entire client life cycle
- What clients are looking for and buying vs. what firms are offering
- How to align ESG, sustainability, and DEI efforts with clients
- External and internal communications shaping inclusive firm culture
- PR/media/storytelling to generate client and prospect engagement
- Content marketing, social selling, and digital delivery, including account based marketing solutions
Marketing Management and Leadership
- Inlcusive leadership, allyship, and collaboration internally and externally
- Mapping and achieving your career goals
- How to find and retain top talent
- Interacting with prospects and clients through social media, digital marketing, and technology
- How to use data analytics to make smarter decisions (i.e. benchmarking, CI)
- Managing continuous technological change and generating buy-in among internal stakeholders
When drafting your submission, put yourself in the shoes of the learner. Think about what they would want to know and write your submission with their challenges and your timely solutions in mind.
- Include a variety of voices and perspectives
- Tell a story by incorporating case studies and examples — consider what problem you are going to talk about and what solutions you bring to the table
- Show vs. tell how you plan to engage and interact with the audience
- Avoid generalizations and product promotions
- Consider these questions:
- What will attendees gain from your session and/or expertise?
- Will there be actionable items that attendees can take to their firms and implement immediately?
- How will you engage with the audience?
What are the benefits of speaking at an LMA Annual Conference?
As a thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience, speakers receive 50% off the early bird registration rate. Speaking to an LMA audience also provides you the opportunity to network with your peers, expand your outreach and enhance career opportunities.
For Option 1, there is no limit! For Option 2, you may only submit once. You may submit to one or both options. To ensure a well-balanced program we aim to limit speakers to one session per conference.